CAPTURING LIFE WITH YOUR CHILDREN
“Capturing Life with your Children” is aimed at beginner DSLR owners and will be a lot of fun in a safe, friendly learning environment – you’ll walk away with a better understanding of how to photograph those everyday moments of your family.
Here is some of what our program includes:
- Understanding light, composition, how to develop your ‘eye’, and discovering the things you really want to capture;
- A detailed explanation of the exposure triangle: Shutter, Aperture, ISO along with shooting practice to cement your knowledge;
- How to take candid photos to evoke memories and tell a story;
- Tips and hints from two very active and experienced family photographers – how to connect with your children from behind the camera; ways to keep them naturally engaged
- Practical exercises to take home with you – to get you up and running straight after our course.
- 6 weeks of after-support in our private workshop Facebook group; with feedback on your images from both of us.
- entry into our 'alumni group' on Facebook, where you can be a lifetime member :-)
What this class isn’t:
- This workshop is not about the business end of photography or how to start your photography business.
- This workshop does not cover post-processing techniques.
- This workshop doesn’t cover posing or prop/backdrop set ups. We both shoot candid, 'unposed' images, so that is what’s taught.
This Photo Workshop is aimed at and suitable for:
DSLR owners - hobby or amateur photographers. We will be able to assist everyone at their own level. Please note Lianne is a Canon user and Natalie is Nikon; so we have a good idea about most of these models and functions. If you're camera is a Sony, Fuji or other brand, please bring along your camera manual so we can refer to that to help you with any queries.
The workshop cost is 750 dhs, which includes:
- our tutoring time
- all course notes and handouts to take away with you, to get you up and running straight away
- Facebook group and 6 weeks post-course support from Natalie and Lianne
- Entry into our alumni group on Facebook
- teas / coffees and snacks at our venue
What to bring / what not to bring:
- Your camera with your most used lens – whatever you have and feel comfortable using. We are very down to earth so this will not be a camera equipment competition ;-)
- Your camera manual
- A clean SD card
- A fully charged camera battery
After the session:
We will set up a private Facebook group where we would encourage you to:
- Ask any questions - we will then post a shared reply to the group
- Share your learning from the workshop
- Share your favourite images from our post-workshop photo challenges
We will then comment on your images and give balanced feedback and critique. The Facebook group will also be a safe place to discuss and share our love for photography!
Friday 17th January 2020 - 8:30am -1:30am
To reserve your spot on one of our future workshops simply fill in the contact form below with the date you are interested in and we will get back to you as soon as we can.