The aims of our walk are to:
- Capture the essence of Old Dubai for yourself with the assistance of a professional photographer
- Gain exposure to the colours, textures and atmosphere of Old Dubai
- Guide you through the area giving you a new way of seeing things
- Develop your eye for street photography
- Come home with a variety of images from your morning with us
This photo walk is aimed at and suitable for:
- Women only – our photo walk is aimed at like-minded women that enjoy taking photos
- DSLR owners - hobby or amateur photographers. We will be able to assist everyone at their own level especially as we are keeping the number to maximum 12 people.
Our photo walk is 250 dhs and is limited to 12 people, so that we have enough time to spend with you all as we walk and talk.
What to bring / what not to bring:
- Your camera with your most used lens – whatever you have and feel comfortable using. Lianne and I are very down to earth so this will not be a camera equipment competition ;-)
- Please be aware of cultural sensitivities so covered shoulders would be advisable
- No need to bring a tripod; we will be moving and walking so this might be cumbersome to carry.
After the walk:
We will set up a private Facebook group where we would encourage you to share your favourite images from our session. It’s always amazing to see how two people can approach the same scene and yet see it so differently. So we would actively encourage any comments and feedback in this group; it’s a safe place to discuss and share our love for photography!
A final thought…
One final thing to mention…this is not a workshop on how to take your camera off ‘auto’; we will be focussing more on composition and capturing moments than on technical aspects. Lianne is a Canon user and Natalie a Nikon; so our knowledge of other cameras and their technical aspects will be limited. If you’re looking for a workshop on the more technical aspects of your camera, please consider coming along to our workshop, "Capturing Life with your Children".
22nd January 2020
25th February 2020
For more info and to reserve your spot on one of our future workshops simply fill in the contact form below with the date you are interested in and we will get back to you as soon as we can.